Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Inquiry

After much discussion on democratic settings throughout segregated schools, I would like to further explore this in the inquiry project. Moving from one town to another, I have been part of both diverse and non diverse communities. In urban schools how does the diverse community affect their social and academic growth. Who are the students, and does it matter? I would have to say yes just from my experience in education and school thus far. Without a mixed classroom there are fewer non traditional ideas and beliefs, supporting stereotypes and misunderstandings. With schools becoming more segregated I am curious to what settings will be most beneficial to students.

1 comment:

writebrain said...

I think this is a good topic. Just like the Parker article about diversity,it is good to realize that there is a "plus" side to be found in an urban school setting. Most of us are used to hearing all the negative aspects.